Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Are the Water Tanks in North Dakota half full or half Empty? How you answer this question will determine your Job-hunting Success!



During my quest to find good drivers I have realized there are a couple of things that set drivers apart. The drivers that catch my attention are the ones with assertive personalities. The ones that demonstrate the most confidence in their abilities without coming across as know-it-alls. The ones that don't complain about their lives. The ones that don't complain about their current or previous employer. The ones that don't complain about their current or previous job. The ones that have an optimistic outlook on life and a positive attitude. The ones that are negative or that complain are the ones that I turn down.

If you are on the job hunt, my advice is for you to contact potential employers with a positive message about your skills, work ethic, and any other reason why you're the man for the job. Don't even waste your time sending out your resume unless someone asks for it. Resumes are so impersonal and boring. Avoid complaining about not being able to find a job. Avoid talking about how you are getting screwed by your current employer. Avoid telling them about anything negative in your life. Keep your message positive and upbeat and the amount of opportunities that arise will astound you. If being positive doesn't come easy to you, fake it until it becomes a part of who you are.

Here's a real life example of an email I received from a guy who I am currently in the process of hiring:

Cody, I am emailing you from Maine, no slackers out here. Cold, low wages and hard times and still I work a 72 hour week. I want in Cody, I can tell you mean business. Me, 25 years as a commercial fishing boat Captain (all year,winter too). When things break you fix them there and then, no excuses. Crap flying, platform rolling through 30 degrees and no breaks. Did this from 1985/2010. Retired from fishing now Cody, been sitting in the big chair for the last 3 years(big rig) and i can tell you that is a hell of alot easier then fishing.lol. I am a veteran 1981/1984 USMC, stone cold sober, pass any type of test, not over weight and not lazy. Got children Cody from an Ex wife. Find me a slot, I will work for you. You will have a team player Sir.  Chris, this benefits both of us. Thanks!

And that's how it's done folks!

Here's another email I received from a fellow named Bob out of Colorado... He was one of the smart ones who bought my ebook, "The Best Job Iin North Dakota".

"Great book for anyone interested in truck driving. At first I had no interest in working in the oil fields. I steer clear of anything that sounds too good to be true and therefore I was skeptical about all the money being made in North Dakota. However, after reading Cody's book, I find myself totally sold on it. I haven't driven in 10 years, but I'm so inspired by Cody's success that I'm going to get my CDL reinstated and head up to ND. My goal is to work for a year or two until I can afford to buy a few acres of land and build a small house. Thanks for the words of inspiration!"


No comments:

Post a Comment