Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

North Dakota Water Hauler Wisdom: If you can't see anything other than the view through your windshield, you're probably never going to reach your financial goals.


The driver in this photo might be keeping his attention on the water in his sight glass at the moment I took this picture, but his mind is fixed on the vision of a better financial future for his family. His choice of words handwritten on the back of his vac trailer are from a popular country song sung by Blake Shelton. The imagery in this phrase fills my mind with scenes of warm tropical beaches, pool-side lounge chairs, the smell of barbeques and a life of rest and relaxation.

This is what a man has to keep his mind on as the gruelling, monotonous work of hauling water blurs the days, weeks and months together. There are thousands of men and some women who are making a go of the oil boom in North Dakota. The government hasn't set a heavy hand on the boom yet and so progress in the way of financial gains is turning out millionaires left and right. I'm one of these millionaire hopefuls and have thrown my lot in with thousands of truck drivers who have flocked to the area to fill the thousands of truck driving jobs in the region.

I've mentioned it several times throughout my website and blog posts, but I can't tell you enough how my ebook "The Best Job in North Dakota" can help a driver find a good job in North Dakota. The book doesn't list employers, but it provides the questions a job hunter needs to ask during the job hunting process. It teaches the ins and outs of how water hauling works and educates prospective water haulers about the best water hauling work in the Bakken.

I began as an employee water hauler in North Dakota in 2012 and am now an owner operator with two employees. As my business expands, I will hopefully create more jobs for the hungry men and women in search of employment. I'm not alone in this pursuit either; there are many who arrived on their last dime and now live debt free lives. This work isn't for everyone, but for those who have what it takes, the opportunity is here and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment