Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

It has been almost 4 years since my last post.



Many, many things have happened since I last published an article. My only excuse? Change. Everything changes from day to day, month to month and year to year. The boom ended for me the beginning of 2016. That's when I packed up and went home. Six months later I was back hauling water and have been ever since.

I've slowly multiplied and am glad I've stuck with it through the lows of 2016 and 2017. Work and rates have picked up through 2018 and 2019. With Trump in office, I predict we have, at least, 6 more years of potential stability in th Shale oil industry. Who knows what will happen beyond that.

For any of you still plugging away like me, join me once again on this journey as I try to share it with you. Nothing in life is easy and the sooner you accept that fact, life gets easier. Water hauling is a constant juggling act of what to do and what not to do and when to do it and when not to do it. Daily choices can literally lead you to success or failure in this business.

I'm here to share my journey with others and if you glean something from my travels that can help you with yours, then have at it. I began this journey in 2012 and here we are 7 years later. My how the time has flown. I began as a company driver and now have a small fleet of trucks and trailers. The American dream is possible, but it's not easy. The secret is to keep going when you think you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment