Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

North Dakota Reality Show

haulwater.com
 
We've all seen these reality shows that show regular everday guys and gals trying to overcome unbearable odds to make a buck right? The ingredients that keep these shows interesting are the  conflicts that the protagonists have to resolve during the course of the show. These conflicts inject drama and the drama creates suspense for the viewers. We want to know how the story is going to end for the protagonists and we keep watching until we discover the winner. Deep down we are always hoping that the star of the show wins his or her prize.

I began taking pictures and videos of my trek to North Dakota back in 2012 for my own history record, but I've begun sharing this documentation online in my blog and my website to help others do what I've done. My water hauling job has all the makings of a good reality show. The dangerous driving conditions create suspense and the money-making potential of each load of water hauled create excitement. The variables that can directly effect how much I make each day aren't limited to the weather only. There is intense competition between the water hauling companies for each well that is drilled. Obtaining the water hauling work for these wells equates to staying busy and making money.

Equipment failures on the trucks and on the various sites where water is hauled also play into the drama of oilfield work and pay. Working around the crude oil also has it's inherent dangers. Hydrogen Sulfide or H2S gas is a gas that has killed oilfield workers throughout the world. Vapors coming from the crude oil are highly flammable and have resulted in many fatal accidents. Inject the reality of long days with little sleep and tempers are bound to flare up amongst oilfield workers.

haulwater.com


I use the camera on my cell phone to create oilfield videos that I then upload to my youtube channel HaulWaterDotCom. The goal of my reality show is to show my reality as a water hauler in North Dakota to all of those who want to see it through blogging, pictures and videos. The reality of the ever-present dangerous hard work and the reality of making big money at the end of my day or shift makes for an interesting story.

My goal is to become a millionaire water hauler within 10 years. The journey began June 2012 and so I have until June 2022 to reach this millionaire dollar mark. I was 35 when my journey began and so I will be 45 in 2022. I am 18 months into my journey and have already grossed over 10% of my million dollar goal. If I only make $100,000 per year I will easily accomplish my goal, but I think I can do better than 1 million.

The reason I think I can do better, is because I'm already on track to making MORE than $100,000 a year. My challenge to anybody who follows me on my journey, is to buy my book, "The Best Job in North Dakota" and join me as a fellow adventurer on this trek to becoming a millionaire yourself. It's not the easiest job in the world, but it is one that requires very little initial investment on the potential return on investment. My book shows you the steps I had to take during my initial investment and it also discloses some of the secrets I've discovered that have increased my success.

haulwater.com

The most important step during the start up process, is making sure you hire on with an employer with deep pockets, who pays on time and has lots and lots of work. My book divulges the best questions a job seeker can ask a potential employer to help in this process. Without a good employer, you're chances of making it are slim. December 2013 marks the month I have decided to end my employee water hauler status and begin my owner operator water hauler status. This would have not been possible without my finding a good employer who had good work, paid on time and had deep pockets to keep his trucks maintained, repaired and full of fuel.

This is a step that I hope anyone who buys and reads my book can eventually take. It's the step that allows an employee water hauler to go from making $100,000 a year to upwards of $400,000 per year as an owner operator water hauler. A step beyond being an owner operator water hauler is becoming an owner operator employer water hauler. This is a step I look forward to achieving. It entails hiring employees to drive the trucks I buy. I'm not sure when this step will be attained, but I'm content at the moment with just trying to figure out this whole owner operator self-employed water hauler thing.

My reality show might not be on some big network television show, but it doesn't matter to me. This blog is a good enough way for me to show my reality to anyone interested in making a living in the Bakken oilfield of North Dakota. There are lots of water hauling jobs available to any truck driver who has the means, ability and determination to get one. Aside from my goal of making a million dollars hauling water, I also plan to continue documenting this process through oilfield related blog posts, pictures and videos to help inspire others attempting this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment