Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

North Dakota Oilfield Water Hauler is Now an Owner Operator



When I began driving a water truck in Dickinson, North Dakota back in June of 2012, I never imagined that within 18 months I would be transitioning from an employee driver to an owner operator in the Bakken Oilfield. The natural gas flare in the above picture was taken during the winter of 2012-2013 near the town of Mandaree, North Dakota. The guy in the picture is my 6'3" tall brother Casey.

During my time as an employee driver I wrote a book called, "The Best Job in North Dakota". This book can be found at Haulwater.com. I wrote this book in hopes that other truck drivers and truck driver hopefuls would be able to use its contents to find a high-paying water hauling job in North Dakota. I've lived every aspect of the job and believe others who are looking for a financial step up can learn from what I've written.

There are many truck driving jobs available in North Dakota, but I think hauling water is the best one. In my book I give my reasons for believing this. I also ask mulitiple questions any job hunter is going to need to know the answers to in order to find the best high-paying water hauling job. Anyone who buys the book can use these questions during their phone conversations with potenial water hauling employers.

By being better informed, a job seeker should be able to better find the oilfield employers worth working for. I also share tips and secrets that have helped me earn more money as a water hauler. These secrets have allowed me to make a lot of money. Enough money to buy my own truck and try my luck as an owner operator water hauler in North Dakota's Bakken oilfield.

As an employee driver I began at $26/hr and received a dollar raise every 3 months until I topped out at $30/hr. I worked thousands of hours throughout 2012 and 2013 and invested a portion of my money into my own semi truck. My reason for wanting to work as an owner operator is simple. I can double my income. I understand that there is a lot more overhead as an owner operator, but I've done the math and calculate that my take home per hour should be close to around $70/hr.

I understand that a lot of people reading this might be skeptical of my intentions and that you might just think that I'm trying to sell my book. Since I started selling the book in October I haven't even sold 100 copies yet. If I had to live on the money being made off my book, I would be broke. I make money as a truck driver in North Dakota. It's not difficult to make $300-$400 a day as a typical water hauler. I was not a typical water hauler. My average over the last 18 months has been around $700 a day. You have to work for the right employer to be able to do this.

It doesn't always matter how much you make per hour. What matters is how many hours you work.  There is so much work to be done in North Dakota that I'm not afraid to share all that I've learned with other truck drivers that are having a tough time making a good living. My intent for my book is simple, share my knowledge. I believe my knowledge is valuable and so the book isn't free. The $7.99 is a small price to pay for the potential to make $700 a day don't you think?

Over 3,000 people have visited my website since I released my book in October and less than 100 of those visitors have purchased my book. I wonder if those who have passed up buying the book would be in a better financial situation now if they had read it. Buying the book isn't a guarantee that the reader will make more money, but I lived the book and i've certainly done well. If I can do this, why can't you? I'm excited to share what I'm learning as an owner operator and look forward to continuing toward my goal of becoming a North Dakota millionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment