Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Truck Driver Shortage in North Dakota Keeps Truck Driver Job Salaries High


I've heard talk that the good old pay days in North Dakota are gone and that the boom is coming to a close. The absolute opposite is true, there are still jobs and those jobs are paying good money to hard workers. I don't dismiss the fact that there have probably been truck drivers who have come to North Dakota and lost their asses, but they probably weren't prepared. You have to be prepared if you're going to try your luck in the oilfield. 

If you've been considering a truck driving job in North Dakota, but feel like you don't really know how to proceed, please read my book, "The Best Job in North Dakota". I wrote the book to help those without CDL's and those with CDL's to make money as I have made money in this awesome place where there is no end to a driver's earning potential. The secret is to have very little expenses during your shift. It's one thing to have bills at home, but food should be the only expense while your working as a water hauler. I show you how to do this in my book.

Water hauling is what I do and what I encourage anyone else to do if they're prepare to do it. There is lots of side dump, belly dump, winch truck and oil hauling work, but in my opinion water hauling is king. In my book I explore the job rich environment of water hauling and why there is so much work in this field. There is excellent job security in water hauling, because there are literally millions upon millions of loads that need to be hauled during the fracking, flowback and oil production process.

I have hauled over 1,000 loads of water since I began work in the early summer of 2012 and this experience has led me to earn an excellent six-figure income. If I can do it, why not you? You can! Many are doing it. Right now throughout the U.S., many of the old-time truck drivers have retired and there is a major shortage of truck drivers throughout every industry in the country. No where is this more obvious than in North Dakota.

The trucking companies in the region are always shorthanded and looking for good drivers. Some of these companies have tried to cut overhead costs by paying lower wages, but a good truck driver is a very valuable commodity in North Dakota and it doesn't take long before these companies fail. Good drivers get good pay, but you do have to prove yourself. Don't waste time hiring on with a company that doesn't want to pay you what your worth.

My book is loaded with questions that you can use to help you sift through the crap employers to find the good ones. North Dakota separates the boys from the men and pays the men who stick it out very, very well. I'm still an employee driver, but I've been able to put enough money aside to buy my own truck. With this truck, I'll become an owner operator and make upwards of $20-$40,000 per month hauling water. I know this is possible, because my employer has made much more than that from the truck I drive for him. My brothers are also up here hauling water and they average that much per month.



This is a picture of my truck. I have rebuilt the engine and the transmission and have been combing through every part of it for work in North Dakota. I still have to add a PTO, hydraulic wet kit and new tires before it will be able to go to work. I don't have a vac trailer yet, but all in good time. I share this with you to hopefully give you encouragement. I would have never been able to accomplish this without my employee job in the patch. I really want to make a million dollars in North Dakota's oilfield before I reach 45 years old. I'm 36 years old now and so I believe I can do it. 

In my book I tell the reader that the water haulers in North Dakota are making as much and sometimes more money than some doctors and lawyers. I've averaged $1,000 dollars a day at times just as an employee driver. My brothers have averaged over $2,000 dollars a day as owner operators. If you have the inclination to do this, why don't you? The Best Job in North Dakota! Once I get my truck to work in North Dakota, I'll be looking for good drivers to drive it. As I make more money, I'll buy more trucks and hire more drivers and spread the wealth around!


No comments:

Post a Comment